“Representation is important. When I create my designs, I aim to empower other Indigenous people by representation and by incorporating our tradition and our culture and our values through the designs that I create.”
In this lesson, Casey shows you how to create a logo for your work. She uses Canva.com to easily create designs.
1. Get started. Go to Canva.com
2. Set your brand kit. Add your brand colours in the brand kit and upload your fonts from dafont.com or 10001fonts.com
3. Set your design up for success. Optimize resolution at 3000 pixels by 3000 pixels. This prevents distortion.
4. Customize. Add your brand name and customize it with your fonts and brand colours.
5. Customize. Add your brand name and customize it with your fonts and brand colours.
Download your logo with a transparent background.
This makes it easy to use for a variety of projects.